VIRTUAL PRENATAL YOGA NOW BEING OFFERED
Prenatal yoga practice is a wonderful way to maintain balance in the changing body and mind during pregnancy. In this class, we engage in yoga asanas (poses), restoration and breathing practices designed to strengthen and fortify the experience of pregnancy and prepare for birth. You will be taking care of your body and your baby while being supported by a community of women and guided by a trained prenatal yoga instructor.
Each 70-minute virtual class is open to pregnant women who have been cleared by their physician for this class.
Class Sessions: All classes meet on Tuesday evenings, 5:45 – 7:15 pm via Zoom Video Conferencing.
- Group share; meditation or breathwork; simple/gentle yoga poses.
- We may focus more on calming and centering practices depending class needs.
- We will keep things flexible and find ways to meet everyone’s needs the best we can.
Accessories and Set Up
- Yoga mat if you have one, or soft towel/mat, pillow, or something comfy to sit/lie on.
- If you want to sit at a desk or table for the beginning of our call for our group discussion (for example, if that is where your computer is) that works – then we start meditation and/or yoga you can move out of your chair to the floor or comfy spot.
- Find a quiet, private spot for the time – try to treat this time as if we were at the clinic.
- If that is not possible – still join! You can mute your line if there are others in the room with you, etc. It’s more important for you to be connected with us than it is to have a perfectly quiet room.
2020 Class Sessions
- Session 1: January 14 – February 18
- Session 2: February 25 – March 31
- Session 3: April 14 – May 19
- Session 4: June 2 – July 7
- Session 5: July 21 – August 25
- Session 6: September 8 – October 13
- Session 7: October 27 – December 1
Class Fee: Each six-week session costs $60
Download the PDF-Prenatal-Yoga-Registration
Because of limited class size, there are no refunds or reduced fees for missed classes.
Meet Our Yoga Instructor – Sara Kraemer. Sara has been teaching since 2011 and has over 500 hours of yoga training, including prenatal yoga. Her prenatal Yoga classes aim to nourish, calm, and restore pregnant women while building a community of support. Her prenatal classes are available to practitioners of all levels, and aim to support women in pregnancy and childbirth. Sara also teaches Yoga classes in Madison and enjoys a career in education research.