As trained specialists, the physicians at Madison Women’s Health offer a comprehensive range of surgical treatments tailored to each patient’s needs.
- This is an office based procedure during which the cervix is looked at microscopically to determine if there are any abnormal patches of cells. What to Expect after Colposcopy
- This is an office based procedure done to treat abnormal cells on the cervix. The cervix is numbed with local anesthetic and then an instrument cooled with liquid nitrogen is applied to the cervix.
Early Miscarriage Treatment – Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- This office or hospital based procedure is performed after administering medication to minimize discomfort. The cervix is gently dilated and a suction device is used to remove tissue from the uterine cavity. This procedure can be used to treat heavy menstrual bleeding or miscarriage. What to Expect after D&C
- This is an office or hospital based procedure that looks at the inside of the uterus through a camera inserted through the cervix. It may be used as a means to investigate or treat heavy menstrual bleeding, as a part of the Essure sterilization procedure, and in fertility evaluations. Hysteroscopy Pre-Procedure Instructions
LEEP (Loop Electrocautery Exclusional Procedure)
- This office or hospital based procedure is used to remove abnormal patches of cells from the cervix. What to Expect after LEEP
- This is an office procedure done under the guidance of an ultrasound machine to provide a more detailed view of the uterus and its anatomy. It is often done to evaluate issues such as irregular bleeding, uterine fibroids, or recurrent miscarriages. It is not very painful, although some mild cramping may be experienced during the procedure. What to Expect with a Sonohysterogram Procedure
Madison Women’s Health also performs procedures in the hospital setting. All our hospital procedures are at UnityPoint Health – Meriter Hospital.
We are more than happy to consult with you to discuss procedures for your care. Please call to schedule an appointment with us at 608-729-6300 if you would like to further discuss any procedures for your management of your particular symptoms.
Below is a list of procedures, but not all, that are performed in the hospital setting.
- Cerclage placement (treatment for incompetent cervix)
- Colporrhaphy (anterior and posterior)
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Endometrial ablation (therapy for heavy menstrual periods) – Novasure
- Hysterectomy (abdominal and vaginal)
- Hysteroscopy and hysteroscopic resection of fibroids, polyps, and uterine septum
- Surgical treatment of endometriosis
- Surgical treatment of fibroids
- Surgical treatment of pelvic floor prolapse
- Tubal ligation
- TVT (tension free vaginal tape or suburethral sling)
- Vaginal cuff suspension